Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

 I just made a big discovery. I mean BIG! My boys Zackery and Seamus came to work to see me the other day and wanted to make a dessert. We made chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter replacing 3/4 of the butter in the recipe. They were incredible. This should work with any chocolate chip cookie recipe that you use, the "one on the bag" is a great one.
 The cookies didn't have a strong peanut butter flavor, but an incredible texture with a mild peanut butter aroma. They melted in your mouth but still retained that crisp cookie crunch like only a freshly baked cookie has.
 I can't wait to make them again and put them to the ultimate test, eating them along with a glass of bourbon. If you haven't tried that, stop what you're doing right now and try it.

3 comments:

aileen said...

While you are drinking bourbon and eating delicious cookies we are glogging while you are blogging. Do you have a recipe for glog?? It is also delicious and most defintely would go with those cookies.

Aileen, Kate and Mariana

Anonymous said...

Chris: I can't wait to try that peanut butter replacement therapy for cookies.

Anonymous said...

I tried this recipe last night, and it worked quite well. And the peanut butter makes the dough easier to scoop, so I froze a dozen for baking later on.

Thanks!

iamnotachef.com