Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Would You join a Supper Club?

 I am soliciting feedback for a concept that intrigues me. Several years ago my restaurant expanded a bit, adding 2 dining rooms and converting an existing  one into a bar. One of the new rooms is a small room with 1 large table, and has the feel of a dining room in someone's home. Before it opened for business, we floated the idea of forming a private supper club every Wednesday night for 8 to 10 members. The idea would be you must join the club and pay upfront for a weekly meal. The menu would change week to week, but there would be no choices. A 3-course meal might be something like Tomato Bread Salad, Coq au Vin with Spaetzle, then Chocolate Pot de Creme for dessert. The price would be reasonable, maybe $30 per person. If you can't attend one night you can send a friend in your stead. But there are no cancelations, and no refunds. 
 I think the dynamics could be really interesting. Most weeks the group would be roughly the same, but occasionally there would be some "new blood" thrown in. While I understand that this concept isn't for everyone, I think there might be 10 people out there who would enjoy such a thing. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea. When are you going to open a restaurant in Atlanta?