Saturday, March 15, 2008

Loch Duart Salmon

 This weekend I am serving something new to me, Loch Daurt Salmon. It's organic Salmon from Scotland and it's great! It was nice to serve Atlantic Salmon again, it had been years. My customers loved it, it sold REALLY well and I felt good selling a product like this. I feel that it's unrealistic to think that we will be able to eat wild fish forever. The oceans will never be able to keep up with the growing population on land. Please seek out and support efforts like Loch Duart.
 I have added some items to my menu in the last year or so, like Jamison Farm lamb which is certified humanely raised and processed. I think products like these represent the future of environmentally responsible and humane farming practices. If one can buy a superior product that has been raised sustainably, why would you buy anything else? 
 Because I'm a chef, I don't want to sacrifice quality for anything. These pioneering suppliers prove that I don't have to. A great product that makes sense for the planet. Bring it on!

No comments: